HOFBURG - The Conference Venue
Address: Hofburg Vienna, Heldenplatz, 1010 Vienna, Austria
The subway system consists of five lines – U1, U2, U3, U4 and U6. The trains stop at 104 stations along 74.6 km of track. All platforms are equipped with electronic information displays that show the waiting time in addition to the destination
U-Bahn transfer stations
Karlsplatz U1, U2, U4
Landstrasse U3, U4
Längenfeldgasse U4, U6
Praterstern U1, U2
Schottenring U2, U4
Schwedenplatz U1, U4
Spittelau U4, U6
Stephansplatz U1, U3
Volkstheater U2, U3
Westbahnhof U3, U6
Drive with the metro (U-Bahn) U3, exit at the metro station (U-Bahn Station) Herrenstraße and walk 3 minutes to reach the Hofburg.
Drive with the metro (U-Bahn) U1, U3, exit at the metro station (U-Bahn Station) Stephansplatz and walk 3 minutes to reach the Hofburg.
Maps of public transportation network
You may find maps of the public transportation network on: www.wienerlinien.at
The Vienna Transport Authority operates nearly 20 hours per day
- The underground trains (U-Bahn) run from about 5:00 a.m. in the morning to about midnight
- Trams and buses normally stop running earlier
- You can find detailed information in the schedules for the individual linesn (Vienna Transport Authority) ticket offices, and online
The tickets are valid in all trams, buses and subways of the Vienna Transport Authority. Each stamped ticket is valid up to the destination, including (several) transfers.
- Single ticket: € 2.20 (Children € 1.10)
- 24-hour Vienna ticket: € 7.60
- 48-hour Vienna ticket: € 13,30
- 72-hour Vienna ticket: € 16,50
- Vienna weekly ticket (only valid from Monday to Monday at 9.00 am): € 16,20
Single tickets are also available in trams and buses with a surcharge for € 2.30 (children: € 1.20). They are valid for one ride including transfers.
Companions of people with disabilities can use public transport for free. Please also be aware that in the disabled person’s pass, the note “The holder of the pass requires a companion” must be present and the residence must be in Austria.
Tickets are available at: the multilingual ticket machines (subway stations)
The Vienna Card
for € 13.90 / 21.90 / 24.90 – with 210 benefits
- 24, 48 or 72 hours of free travel on all public transport routes
- more than 210 discounts in Vienna’s museums, heurigers, cafés etc.
- available at tourist information centers, hotels, Wiener Linien (Vienna Transport Authority) ticket offices, and online
Parkting at the Hofburg
The following car parks are located within walking distance to the Vienna Hofburg
- Car park at Museumsquartier >> 5 min walking distance
- Car park Opernringhof >> 5 min walking distance
- Car park Robert-Stolz-Platz >> 5 min walking distance
- Car park at Schmerlingplatz >> 10 min walking distance